Wednesday, September 5, 2007

08.CodeRulerRedux

  • Team Members: Michal Zielinski & Chiao-Fen Zielinski-Liu
  • Strategy:
    • While our knights are sent to capture the other castles, our peasants are divided into four groups to claim land from four different squares. Once our knights have captured all other castles, they will capture the other peasants. Once the other peasants have been captured, our knights will capture the other knights. As soon as our knights have captured all castles, all peasants, and all knights, more peasants will be produce to claim the rest of land which has not been claimed.
  • Results:

Result 1Result 2Result 3
michalz-chiaofen vs. migrate ruler
854 - 0
782 - 184
725 -256
michalz-chiaofen vs. gang up ruler
827 - 1
784 - 140
733 - 230
michalz-chiaofen vs. split up ruler
833 - 0
553 - 399
748 - 182
  • Lessons Learned:
    1. After I reviewed Jared's code, I decided to show his code to my team member, Michal. Jared's code inspired us to send our peasants to claim land more efficiently. Hence, Michal and I coded our peasants into four groups, and then send them to four different points to claim land. This strategy can prevent our peasants to be captured quickly from the gang up and migrate rulers.
    2. This time Michal and I spent more time on our code, because we would like to win each battle. Therefore, our code has less redundant code than the version 1.0 and our code is more sophisticated. Our results are much better than previous results.
    3. "The Elements of Java Style" gives me ideas about Java documentation and coding standards. When I tried to apply those standards in the code, most of time I could find the topic related to what I needed. However, if more examples were included, this book would be more hopeful.

No comments: