Monday, September 24, 2007

11.WebSpider

  • My thoughts:
    • I think this assignment is very challenging. If I would start this assignment earlier, I believe I could accomplish all the tasks. However, I have accomplished the task 0, 1, 2 and a little bit of 3. Why do I say:”a little of 3”? Because I always insert “System.out.println” to understand what my program is doing when I program. I like the idea of extra credits. Hopefully, there will be another one soon.
  • What I learned:
    • I am pretty sure that I have gained more experience in "Ant". Ant is very useful when codes have some errors, because Ant is able to generate reports. Then, programmers can have some ideas what goes wrong and where the errors are.

    • JUnit tests in Eclipse, I like to run JUnit tests in Eclipse because I am able to see the testing process. Since Eclipse is a colorful Java application, I can easily recognize whether my tests fail or not. However, there were several times that I received “BUILD SUCCESSFUL” on console but not in Eclipse when running the same codes. Hence, I will suggest running JUnit in both Eclipse and console.
    • I was not able to accomplish the task 3 fully, because I did not have enough time since I started this assignment a little bit late, and I spent a lot of time on the task 1. When I got into the task 1, I could not figure out what went wrong since I was sure that my algorithm was not bad. After I inserted “System.out.println” in the code, I found some links were unable to connect. I realized that I should add try-catch to prevent this kind of errors. Furthermore, some infinite loops took me hours to solve. I hope that I will be able to accomplish all tasks on the next assignments.

    • I am pleased that I was able to write all the test cases. Among JUnit, Checkstyle, PMD, FindBugs, and JavaDoc, PMD still has two warnings. Hence, I am able to run verify successfully. In addition, the emma coverage is 100%, 100%, 92%, and 92%.

No comments: